Pages

Saturday 11 June 2016

A Heart Room Plaque ..............


Hi all and happy Saturday to you!  I have another gift to share with you today that I made for one of Grace's friend's whose party she went to recently.  As her friend has an unusual name I thought she might not have anything like this and her mum was very pleased as she said they can never find anything with her Daughter's name on.   

I used an mdf heart for the base and covered it 2 layers of paper from Lili of the Valley.  I painted the edges in cream paint and distressed the edges of the inner heart.   The flowers are from the ribbon girl and I added some paint to the centre of them and sprinkled glitter on whilst it was still wet so the glitter then sticks nicely to the inside.   The leaf is a Joy die and one of my favourites at the moment, I love all the detail on it! 

I hope you have a nice Saturday planned.  Me and Grace are off to the village hall this morning as they have a Queens Birthday celebrate and there are craft stalls and cream teas so hopefully that will nice and then I'm off to a workshop at my local craft shop Sprinkle Twinkle this afternoon. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lynsey x

8 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Love this, hope you both have a great day hugs jacqui xxx

cotnob said...

A super plaque Lynsey, pretty papers - how lovely to be able to personalise it for Grace's friend.
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Lynsey, and Dulcie loved it I'm sure. I used to make things for our boys as the names Declan and Connor weren't popular in the 90's when they were born. We have newcomers to the village and their two under 5's are named Audrey and Hilda xx

Lorraine said...

A very pretty plaque, lovely papers and design
Lorraine x

Kat W said...

What a lovely gift and so pretty too; I love the soft colours and flowers...I bet Dulcie was delighted to have something with her name on :-)
It sounds like you had a delightful day lined up so I hope you enjoyed it all!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Carol S. said...

Pretty heart and gorgeous papers. Lovely idea for a gift for anyone with an unusual name. Hugs, Carol S.xx

MagsB said...

So beautiful, Lynsey! What lovely soft colours!

love Mags B x

Sue said...

Hi Lynsey, this is beautiful. Your design is so pretty with those lovely distressed papers. Such a gorgeous and delicate colour palette - I bet Dulcie loved this! The letters are really pretty too.
Sue...xxx