Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

A Chair Makeover!



Hi everyone, something different to share with you today.  I have wanted a chair in my bedroom for ages and I have been looking round the charity shops but they always seem to be in sets of 4.  The other Saturday when I went into King's Lynn I went in the Heart Foundation shop which have a great selection of second hand furniture and saw this chair all by it's self for sale for £10.  At that price I had to buy it as I thought it was a real bargain!

When I got it home I decided to paint it the same afternoon and put on 2 coats of Annie Sloan paint in paris grey.   Annie Sloan paint is great as you don't need to do any rubbing down or add a primer you just paint straight onto the wood.  It will go over varnish and it even works well on laminate furniture too. I finished off with 1 coat of Annie Sloan clear wax which you must use to stop it chipping and it was all done in just 1 afternoon.

Well I say all done, when I was in town I also spotted some gorgeous fabric in the fabric shop which was just the right colours for my bedroom so on Sunday morning I whizzed up a cushion cover.
This is my finished chair all in place in my bedroom.  



Thanks to everyone that has been leaving me comments, they are really appreciated. I'm sorry I have not been very good at returning comments at the moment but I have been sorting out sponorship for the Winter Wonderland Challenge so this is taking up my blogging time in the evening.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Lynsey x

10 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fabulous chair Lynsey, at that price it was too good to miss!!I love the detail of the carved back. Great colour and the fabric for the cushion is beautiful xx

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant makeover - the chair now looks gorgeous and the cushion is just perfect too. Thanks for the information on the Annie sloan paint - very useful to know. Elizabeth xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This looks fabulous, love the colour and the scrollwork on the chair is so pretty.

Carol S. said...

Wow Lynsey, great job. A chair like that would cost you a fortune to buy. Love the fabric, so pretty. Hugs, Carol S.xx

scrappymo! said...

Great job on your chair. The cushioon is just right for this little beauty.

I just finished a dresser and nightable with the Annie Sloan. Have clear waxed but still need to add the distressed wax...it is fun stuff to use!

downrightcrafty said...

this looks great Lynsey so pretty too
hugs Kate xx

Jules said...

Wow!!! That looks amazing Lynsey .. .. you must be so pleased with it!

Love Jules xx

julie_woolston said...

Wow Lynsey what a transformation, it's fabulous I love the scroll work on the back and the cushion finishes it of perfectly, love it.
Hugs Julie xxx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

What a brilliant transformation, it looks beautiful! I love the cushion too, gorgeous fabric.
Rebecca.

Deborah said...

Wow what a fab makeover of the chair and I love the cushion.

Deborah A