Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

First Birthday Card ...........

Hi everyone, well it certainly is a hot one in here in Norfolk today!  I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine.

I made this card for my mum to give to my niece who celebrated her first birthday with us whilst we were away on holiday.    This is a large 8 x 8 card and I was really pleased with how this one turned out. I used distress ink on the edges of the image and sprinkled a glittery embossing powder straight onto the distress ink and heated it. I really love the sparkly effect this gives.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley - Celebrate
Sir Stampalot Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lynsey x

Materials:
Image - LOTV
Sentiment - Computer Printed
Papers - First Edition
Ribbon and flowers - Wild Orchid
MS Boarder Punch
Sizzix Leaf Die
Marianne Flower Die

18 comments:

Vicky said...

Just the cutest Lynsey...and fabulous colours too hun..

have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

Margreet said...

what a lovely and sweet card!
xxx Margreet

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

chris said...

aww this is so sweet, I adore it.
Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge. Hugs Chris xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Lynsey,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

MagsB said...

I always find it hard to get the proportions right on big cards, so I'm really impressed by this!! Lovely image, fab papers and great embellies! I bet your neice loves it!

luv, Mags x

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card, love the glittery embossing. Debs xx

Donna said...

Too cute Lynsey and such pretty papers :) Donna x

pinky said...

What a gorgeous project. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

CraftyC said...

So pretty Lynsey and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Sally H said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Fleur said...

Oh Lynsey, this is adorable. gorgeous layout too. I have the open flower die, but really struggle with the leaves that go with it, they tear nearly every time ~ do you have any problems when you use them?
Hugz Fleur xXx

brenda said...

Just beaytiful Lynsey, thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I'me sure Anya loved it. Those papers alook so pretty with that image and love the glittered edging. Marianne x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the image and your colours are fab, thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week, hugs pops x

Wishcraft said...

This is so gorgeous Lynsey! Super cute image, fab papers and layout. Beautiful :o) Lisa x

Francesca said...

What a wonderful creation

Thank you for Joining us at Stampalot challenge this month & good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Tracy said...

A cute and pretty creation. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x