Pages

Friday 10 September 2010

Winter Wonderland Challenge ..........


Hi everyone, the challenge at Winter Wonderland this week is a 'One Layer Card'. Now for me this was a real challenge as I don't do the less is more thing very well on my cards! So for my DT card I have stamped a cute Penny Black image and added distress ink all round the edges of my card. I stamped and embossed the swirls and used an embossing powder called Wow. It is holographic and really sparkly. In the end I was really pleased with my card and I used my distress ink pad which has been sat in my draw gathering dust!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sarah Hurley - Snowflakes
Charisma Cardz - Try something new (I used distress inks as my background)
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Animal Crackers
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Winter Wonderland

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Lynsey x

15 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Aww so cute, love the sparkly flourishes too :o) Lisa x

Linda said...

oh what a cute card
hugs linda

martina's kaartjes said...

What a lovely card !!!!! This is really great !
Thanks for sharing,
have a nice weekend,
greetings, martina
x

Lisa Jane said...

I absolutely love it ... such a cute image and the background is beautiful, those swirls really sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges this week
Lisa ;)

downrightcrafty said...

Really pleased with it - wow I was gob smacked it is stunning and so utterly amazing, this will inspire so many many people
Have a great weekend teamie
Hugs Kate xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I just love this card Lynsey. Like you I struggled with no embellies and papers but you have really made a beautiful card. I love the image, so cute and those swirls look so sparkly. Marianne x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Lynsey, so sweet and I love the swirls
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Lynsey - I love 'less is more' and you've done it so well. xx

Shell said...

just gurjuss Lynsey the baxkground is stunning, thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley challenges this week.
Shell x

Vee said...

This is lovely, the design just draws yoks eye straight into the center. Thansk for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Jackie said...

It just shows what can be done with one layer. This is fantastic. Must go and put my thinking cap on :o)
Jackie xx

Paula said...

wow what a fab card Lynsey i love all the sparkle and sweet image.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Paula said...

wow what a fab card Lynsey i love all the sparkle and sweet image.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Leah l'Orange said...

great job with the inking, Lynsey! i love how it spotlights the image - he's such a cute little guy!

thanks so much for joining the Charisma Gals this week!

Kerryn said...

I just adore this card! So simple but just so effective.